Land of 33 Springs
Project dates: 13 to 15 September 2019 (3 days)
Languages: Russian, English
Place of project start: Irkutsk
Location: Russia, Irkutsk Region, Zurtsagan, Ust-Orda
Long-term goal of the project: Recovery of springs and villages in the area.
Objectives of the project: first stage of clearing the springs that went underground.
The group has a crew leader organizing the work, and an interpreter providing communication between the participants.
The average working day is 6 hours with a lunch break. Depending on the weather and the state of the group, the crew leader has the right to change the schedule.
Accommodation and food conditions:
According to the schedule established by the crew leader, the volunteers set up a camp and cook food on a campfire for the whole group. You can get acquainted with the approximate menu.
GBT provide food, and also provides the necessary group equipment, tools, tents (one tent for two) or you can sleep in the houses of local residents.
The project will not have a hot shower, but you can boil water and wash yourself.
Please note that this project is not taking place at Baikal shore.
Project work-load: working with tools (with shovels, picks, etc.), dragging stones, logs and other types of physical activity. Work in cold water with thick rubber gloves.
Please note that the volume of your backpack must be at least 70 liters. Due to the peculiarities of the local climate, it is necessary to take a warm jacket, rain coat, sweater and pants. Also pay attention to shoes – it should be comfortable, lightweight and non-slip.
Project start location: Irkutsk, Great Baikal Trail Hostel, Podgornaya str, 17
- Transfer by bus from Irkutsk to Zurtsagan and back;
- Accommodation in the village of Zurtsagan;
- Group first aid kit. (Attention! If you have chronic diseases or you need certain drugs, please take them with you)
- Products, as well as the necessary group inventory, tools
We do not provide:
- Sightseeing in Irkutsk;
- Accommodation in Irkutsk on the day of arrival;
- Visits of museums and entertainment
Project Cost: 2500 rubles for 3 days.
To confirm your participation please send us a scan of your travel tickets to Baikal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please fill in the application form only if you are 100% sure that you will participate in this project.
* If you have not received an answer within a week or you have any questions related to participation in the project, contact our coordinator directly by writing to email@example.com.