There was no John here
Project dates: 20 to 22 September 2019, (3 days)
Place of project start: Irkutsk
Project location: Russia, Irkutsk Region, Pribaikalsky National Park, Circum-Baikal Railway
Project languages: Russian, English
The long-term goal of the project: the development of educational tourism and preservation of nature. Cleaning rocks from the inscriptions.
Objectives of the project: Volunteers will clean rocks from the inscriptions made by tourists.
The group has a crew leader organizing the work, and an interpreter providing communication between the participants.
The average working day is 6 hours with a lunch break. The crew-leader has the right to change the daily routine.
Accommodation and meals: Volunteers stay in guest houses.
According to the schedule established by the crew leader, volunteers set up a camp and prepare food. You can get acquainted with the approximate menu.
GBT will provide all food for the entire project, and will also provide the necessary group inventory and tools.
Physical challenges during the project: On the first day of the project, volunteers will have to go with their personal equipment from the station of Tyomnaya Pad to the village of Staraya Angasolka (3 km / 1.9 miles).
Daily movement along the railway, working with tools and equipment, other types of physical activity. Also throughout the project you will need to participate in the maintenance of the camp.
Please note that the volume of your backpack must be at least 70 liters. Due to the peculiarities of the local climate, it is necessary to take a warm jacket, rain coat, sweater and pants. Also pay attention to your shoes – it should be comfortable, lightweight and non-slip.
We also provide a general group first-aid kit. Attention! If you have a chronic illness or you need certain drugs, please take it with you.
Logistics: The place of the project start is the city of Irkutsk. Volunteers meet on September 20th at 8.30 a.m. at the train station of Irkutsk. We recommend you to arrive in the city either the day before the project starts (we recommend to stay at the GBT hostel ) or early in the morning on the day the project starts.
Project cost: The overall fee for joining this project is 3500 rubles for 3 days.
- Transfer by bus from Irkutsk to Tyomnaya Pad and back;
- Accommodation in the village of Staraya Angasolka;
- Group first aid kit. (Attention! If you have chronic diseases or you need certain drugs, please take them with you)
- Products, as well as the necessary group inventory, tools
We do not provide:
- Sightseeing in Irkutsk;
- Accommodation in Irkutsk on the day of arrival;
- Visits of museums and entertainment.
To confirm your participation please send us a scan of your travel tickets to Baikal to email@example.com.
Please remember that there is a very limited number of places available for this project!
* Please take the time to fill out an application once you are 100% sure that you will participate in this project.
* Please also note that, if you do not receive an immediate reply from us within a week—or if you have any other questions about participating in this project—you can connect with us directly via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.